[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
World of RoboFarmCraft • View topic - UI Redesign Ideas

UI Redesign Ideas

Questions posed to our users about new features or possible UI updates.

UI Redesign Ideas

Postby noivad » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:39 am

noivad

Re: UI Redesign Ideas

Postby worfc » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:52 am

Thanks for the well considered post, Noivad -- good stuff!

Robot Interior Layout: I'm very fond of the "around the clock" layout (though the current positioning has some bugs). I get your layout and see why it's desirable, too. My current thought on how to fix is: allow the user to drag robot-bits around the interior and put them wherever they want. There's an existing case for this. While it would be a medium-simple change, it will almost certainly come after fixing the weird "robot-interior often draws goofily" bug, which is a current thorn in my side. Also, there will always be some default layout; maybe once you can drag however you like, we'll have a contest or something of user submitted robot-interiors.

Btw, one of the things I like about the "4-corners" layout is that it lends itself very nicely to this useful bit of wiring (insert logic as necessary):

Motivators: Yes, perfect. I will make the change immediately. (Originally, I thought the robots would have little jets/rockets, so thruster made sense. Motivator is nicely generic. Plus the SW tie-in is nice. :) )

Drawer access: I've written a case to capture your request. Note, though, that things that make it easier to manually-drive the robot are necessarily going to be lower priority than things that make the programming-your-robot experience better. "Just sayin'..." <G>

Inventory layout: Yeah, I think some sort of cell-grid, where the user can arrange items in whatever way they want seems in order. With "select/drop this item" pins where appropriate. I'll need to stew on that for a bit to get it "just so". Maybe I'll mock-up a couple of options & post here for y'all's comments.

Select-robot tab: Brilliant idea! Added to The List.
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please
You can also follow us on
Check out the (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Re: UI Redesign Ideas

Postby noivad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 am

noivad

Return to How should it work?