"Reduce excessive tapping"

Questions posed to our users about new features or possible UI updates.

"Reduce excessive tapping"

Postby worfc » Fri May 15, 2015 5:27 pm

During user tests (UT1, UT2), several people mentioned that it seemed like there was too much tapping, so I made a note "reduce excessive tapping."

I think I've done that pretty well for Alpha & Beta, but I'm going to keep the to-do task open ("case 247", in case I forget) and I wanted to ask you-all what you think, now-a-days.

In particular...

* Where are there tasks that require more tapping than you think there should be?
* How do you think the UI should work so that it will be more streamlined, especially with less tapping?

Thanks!
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Re: "Reduce excessive tapping"

Postby noivad » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:32 pm

I’m still mulling this one over. I think my suggestions about allowing multiple tool inputs and outputs (MIMO) would allow smarter players to craft circuit paths that after using a saw, stop the robot, and then “script” and action that paused long enough to pick up all the spoils of “sawage!” :)

If I think of a better way to do this, I’ll post.

One quick way would be to allow the building of a manual switch (like the robot power switch to insert into specific parts of a circuit. So, I could temporarily turn off “move south” to get a robot out of a corner instead of having to click the trace to break that part of the circuit, then drag it back down to reconnect it.

A simple manual toggle switch would probably be a very popular control & be about half the resource expense of a flip-flip too… until a player could craft better sensors/parts.
noivad

Return to How should it work?