inventory order?

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

inventory order?

Postby Denis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:02 pm

THis isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it anyways :)

I *think* it would be preferable to have a fixed order for stuff in the inventory in general. For instance, I was used to have wood appear near the beginning of the inventory. Now it's at the end. I'm not sure why but I think things should always appear at the same place so you don't have to look for them.

Another thing but for the tools drawer is that the order in which generators appear (for me) is Tiny, Generator, Small. Since the art is the same except for the small number, it'd be nice if they were in order of size (mwH).
Denis

Re: inventory order?

Postby worfc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 pm

They're all big deals! :)

Inventory ordering: Currently, all the drawers show the items in alphabetical order by the secret item identifier that you never see. (Good UI, huh? :D ) For most items, they come in crappy, normal, good, which has a -1, -2, -3 suffix on the ID. For example: hammer-1, hammer-2, hammer-3 is wood, iron, steel hammer. Generators and chests are different in that the suffix is the "size" (gen-50, gen-100, gen-250, chest-4, chest-8, chest-10...), which alphabetizes incorrectly.

I should probably either alphabetize correctly, go alpha by display-name (vice secret ID), go first-in-listed-first or let the user order things. Ok, I'll figure something out and make it better. "Soon!" ;)

Also note: New art coming. Really soon!

Also: When I bought my not-tiny generator, I just sold the other one. In fact, I tend to sell all my old tools once I upgrade, cuz I hate carrying around extra crap. Just sayin'...

Also-also: New inventory-organizing circuitry is "in the works". That's like "Soon!" except I have no idea when. We've got the start of a design and it's "on the list", but probably a few weeks after v1.0. One item I think you'll really like is the "Chest-O-Matic".

NO MORE HINTS!!! :D
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm always hesitant to sell stuff because I can't be sure it won't be needed in the future. I can see the case for the tools that are replaced by better one like iron dibble and wood dibble, but I wasn't sure about the generators since perhaps a tiny one is required down the road to make something. But ok, I'll sell stuff.
Denis

Postby worfc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Ooo, you raise a good point! I think I =just= learned* (because that's where I am in the game) that you need a tiny generator as a component to build a GMO-Mk2.

Hmmm. I guess I'll have to buy that back (or craft another one) at some point. On the plus side, I feel like I have a fair bit of coins that I don't use for anything. "Soon!", there will be decorations for me to spend them on! :)

-----
* Yes, I should have the entire crafting table memorized. Funny thing: I don't! :) I count on you guys to tell me where some part of it is AFU. Or you can wait until I get to that point in my own farm. <G>
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:39 pm

Well, you need it but will it be consumed/used by the crafting? If not, wouldn't a bigger one work just as well?

Say you're making a Steel mill or another robot, perhaps embedding a generator makes sense, a tiny one. :)
Denis

Return to Gameplay Feedback