No Carry chest

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

No Carry chest

Postby Denis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:13 pm

I guess it makes sense but it was unexpected. When you turn on a chest to 'no carry', it becomes solid. The same chest without 'no carry' enabled, will be pass-through. I'm wondering if it's a side-effect or it's intentional. As I said, I didn't expect that.
Denis

Re: No Carry chest

Postby worfc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:28 pm

You can pass through things you can carry (seeds, chests, clay, charcoal...)

You can't pass through things you can't carry (trees, other chests, etc...)

It didn't make sense to me that there would be something solid that you bump against that you could pick up & move around. Does it make-sense-different to you?

NOTE: *NOW* is the time to make your arguments about why some different way is better. Once we go live (and have millions of users! ;) ), it will be much harder to change something like that. Not impossible, but harder.

So, if you think about it and decide "no, that does make sense", then cool. But if you think I've got it all screwy, then make your case, and hopefully the others will chime in, and we'll figure out what's The Most Awesomest together.

Thanks! :)
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Re: No Carry chest

Postby Denis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Well, the thing is that you can carry chests, you're just choosing to ignore these 'no-carry' ones. And you can decide to carry them if you want, something for which you would have to be in the same square to do (generally speaking). When they're 'carry' and you just haven't wired the grabber, you pass over them. Not wiring the grabber and choosing 'no-carry' is basically the same thing, except for the scope, why would there be a behaviour for one and a different one for the other?

Presumably chests are small and the robot can pass over them. And the 'no-carry' is a sign that the grabber can interpret and makes it ignore those items. The universe makes sense that way, not your way. Just saying :D
Denis

Return to Gameplay Feedback