Mission/Tutorial Suggestions

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

Mission/Tutorial Suggestions

Postby Vizia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am

How about a button to bring up the hints window directly from the main screen? Well, assuming there’s only one mission active…

One other thought I had is that there’s kinda a difference between a “training” mission and a “real” (or whatever to call it) one.

For a training type/tutorial mission I think it would be nice to have the individual steps showing up using your little banner mechanism that the game intro uses. For a more advanced thing it seems that the fun of it is figuring it out (since you should already have a clue).

Or maybe it’s all user-choice driven.
Vizia

Re: Mission/Tutorial Suggestions

Postby worfc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:48 am

Great idea on the hints. We'll put that in before Beta.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean on the steps/banner thing. I could see how some of the missions could have steps -- like "craft a hoe" could have steps:
* Collect 2 wood
* Craft 4 lumber
* Craft a wooden tool handle
* Craft a wooden hoe

(That's what you have to do to craft a hoe), but it seems like those steps would show up as "hints", I'm not sure what the "help banner" angle is.

Also, I think I want to reserve that banner for "help" to keep it separate from the missions UI. The help-banner is also slightly "modal" and dismissing one forces the next one to come up.

Cribbing hints from Farmville-2, a mission with multiple steps just shows the steps and, once a step is completed, it gets a checkmark. We could do something like that, I think.

If you have other ideas about how the UI should work, please let us know!
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Return to Gameplay Feedback