First impressions

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

First impressions

Postby Denis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:10 pm

First thing is that, in the very first screen, it wasn't obvious to me that there was this overlay, so I kept trying to tap the missions icon that kept glowing and seemed to call to me to get tapped. Same thing with the help toggle button on the lower right.

Next, I figured out how to move the robot, although I'd suggest better art for the input/outputs of the tools. The two power buttons, one for the battery, the other in the upper right corner: ok for the battery, but what the other one does isn't clear.

After that I couldn't figure out how to use the saw. I wired the battery to one of the 3 input terminals and the icon changed to this hammer and fork. I opened the panel and there was a saw (the first time I tried, the second time, starting over, there was nothing in the panel). I tried to wire it to an arm (the icon/tool at 10 o'clock). I tried wiring some of the other inputs. Nothing worked so far and this is how far I've gotten.

I suppose, since not all the help/videos are in place and that the art isn't final that it may be clearer in the future, but for now I'm stuck.

I'm not sure either why there are 2 out of 5 terminals on the battery that are red and the others are white.
Denis

Re: First impressions

Postby worfc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Excellent input; very much appreciated!

A couple of questions:
* When you say "on the very first screen" -- you mean "after login", right? Another way to describe it might be "the main farm view", yes?

* This missions icon glowing at you =does= wish to be tapped. So I'm not sure which overlay you mean. Oh! Do you mean the help/tutorial banner? A-ha! So maybe the missions icon shouldn't begin its sparkle under after the help is completed (there are only a handful of helps) -- is that your suggestion? Seems reasonable to me.

* Am I correct that you had the help banner, but perhaps didn't catch the "ok" button there? And that's what was blocking your access to Missions and help toggle (the (?) button)? So maybe missions and Help-toggle could even be hidden until help points them out -- would that be an improvement?

Regarding better artwork: A good 85% of the art in the game is placeholder -- stuff I got from a quick Google Image search. I'm working with The Art Department (<cough cough>) to get more art in game, but there's a lot for them to do!

Power buttons: did the help/missions not explain that the lower power button was for this specific robot, while the upper one was system-wide (all robots)? I'll make a note to make that more clear. (Of course, for the early & mid parts of the game, there is only one robot, but it's still sometimes handy to be able to turn him on/off when you might not be viewing his interior.

Tools-drawer inputs: Oh! LOL! Tools drawer inputs just changed this build; there used to be only one, to power the active tool. From the sounds of it, you wired the drop-tool-on-the-ground input. The yellow crossed-tools icon is the "no tool selected" icon.

Ok, very good point -- I need to better-label those inputs.

The battery terminals indicate (from left to right): 100% full, 75%, 50%, 25%, barely-any%. Your battery is likely just over 50% full or, depending on how much you've done, a bit less.

Ok, clearly I need to do some labeling and better descriptions ("Updates every week!" :) ) In the mean time, here's some info I think might help:

* It sounds like you dropped your saw on the ground. You'll need to wire the robot to pick it up. (In this image, "any item it touches" should read "any item the robot touches.")

* Here's how to wire the tools drawer to do what you want (you want to power the currently selected tool.)

* And here's a few tutorials to show you around the robot. (NOTE: Some are missing, but the basics are all there.)

Thanks again for your thoughts -- they help guide where I need to be focusing my efforts.

Looking forward to hearing your next thoughts, once you get going!
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:27 pm

* When you say "on the very first screen" -- you mean "after login", right? Another way to describe it might be "the main farm view", yes?

Yes. And the login, is it necessary at this point? Hitting 'play demo' does the same thing whether I write a login or not.

* This missions icon glowing at you =does= wish to be tapped. So I'm not sure which overlay you mean. Oh! Do you mean the help/tutorial banner? A-ha! So maybe the missions icon shouldn't begin its sparkle under after the help is completed (there are only a handful of helps) -- is that your suggestion? Seems reasonable to me.

Yes that's what I mean. It glowed and I couldn't reach it because the tutorial banner was over it (and it wasn't clear that I couldn't *yet* tap it.

* Am I correct that you had the help banner, but perhaps didn't catch the "ok" button there? And that's what was blocking your access to Missions and help toggle (the (?) button)? So maybe missions and Help-toggle could even be hidden until help points them out -- would that be an improvement?

The help pointed out to me that these two things were there and so I thought I was supposed to tap them *at that time*.

Power buttons: did the help/missions not explain that the lower power button was for this specific robot, while the upper one was system-wide (all robots)? I'll make a note to make that more clear. (Of course, for the early & mid parts of the game, there is only one robot, but it's still sometimes handy to be able to turn him on/off when you might not be viewing his interior.

I must have missed it in the help, or did not reach that point. I got stuck at 'try to chop down a tree' mission and I don't remember seeing anything about the power buttons.

Tools-drawer inputs: Oh! LOL! Tools drawer inputs just changed this build; there used to be only one, to power the active tool. From the sounds of it, you wired the drop-tool-on-the-ground input. The yellow crossed-tools icon is the "no tool selected" icon.

Yes, looking at your diagram, I first tried the 'select next tool' input, then the 'drop tool on ground', and when I got to the 'power selected tool' there was no tool there.

Ok, very good point -- I need to better-label those inputs.

Yep

The battery terminals indicate (from left to right): 100% full, 75%, 50%, 25%, barely-any%. Your battery is likely just over 50% full or, depending on how much you've done, a bit less.

So that means that whatever is wired at the left-most terminal of the battery will be without power if the battery is at 75% or less, right?

Thanks for the help, I'll give it another go and see where I can get. :)
Denis

Postby worfc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Denis wrote:

So that means that whatever is wired at the left-most terminal of the battery will be without power if the battery is at 75% or less, right?

Correct. Or you could use a NOT gate to wire something to happen, say, when the battery falls below 25% ("When NOT 25% battery... [blah blah]")

WRT Login: I'm trying to go "logon-less login", where you just press either "Play my farm" or "Play the demo" farm. Currently, the "Nickname" field has no login purpose. It's only reason for existence is that it is saved alongside your farm so that, if you tell me "hey, my farm is messed-up [in this way]", I can say "what nickname did you use?" and, once you tell me, I can go find your farm. Otherwise, it's just farm #1234, #1235, #1236, etc., and I won't have any idea which one is yours.

So the "nickname" thing is just a debugging (Beta) aid.

At some point, I will likely allow players the option to login via Facebook, but the only purpose there would be to allow one to use install a farm onto a different device.

At any rate, keep the feedback coming. We're still working on content, but every bit of input helps!

worfc
Site Admin

Postby worfc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:39 pm

Also, just FYI, in the next build -- thanks to your feedback, the initial tools drawer will look like this

Hopefully the icons will evoke "power this tool" and "drop from inventory."

The additional pins will not be exposed until later in the game, when you can actually make use of them.

worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:27 am

I'm stuck again. I must say this has been frustrating and tedious.

Since I inadvertently dropped my saw I had to pick it up and since that was *before* the pick your wood up mission, I had no help on it and it took me a long while to be able to pick it up. It was in the woods so I didn't see it[1]. I figured the terminals on the grabber were for picking things up and dropping things, but to me there was a tool drawer *and* an inventory: tools go in the tools drawer, the rest goes into inventory. It didn't occur to me that I'd have to drop it in inventory to make it appear in the tool drawer, I thought that would be put in the tools drawer automatically (since there is no put in terminal on the tools drawer). So I didn't wire the drop to the inventory. I wired the grabber and powered on. Nothing seemed to happen so I probably wasn't on the saw, so I tried moving: move down a bit (nothing happens), move up a bit (nothing happens). I must be stuck on a tree and the saw is just a bit to the side, so: move east, then a little north, then back west to try to move over the saw that I couldn't see. *tedious* You have to wire to a move terminal, power on, power off, wire to another terminal, power on, power off, etc. And, you have to find the right move terminal. They're not placed in a way that's logical to me: I'd expect move north/up to be at noon/up and move east/right to be at 3 o'clock/right. Ot even better in a cluster somewhere.

So by doing this there is this sound of picking up so I'm happy. Through the tall trees I can see something that looks like my saw near my robot. Hooray! Let's cut some wood. Open the tools drawer and there is nothing there. Hm? I can see it on my robot! Ok so I must put it in the drawer somehow. Maybe wire it to the power on terminal of the tools drawer? I tried that and it dropped the %$@# saw. That time I was luckier and could pick it up right there. I still can't see it in my tools drawer though. Ok, so perhaps I need to put it in inventory! So I unwire the pick up terminal on the grabber (it's already grabbed) and wire the drop terminal of the grabber to the input terminal of the inventory. Power on and: #?%$# it dropped it on the ground! At that point I closed the iPad and moved away. Then I thought about wiring the drop in inventory and the pick up at the same time and decided to give it a last chance. And it worked. Ok, good! Deep breath.

Now on to chopping some wood. Wire, wire, power on. Chop wood, all good. Now I get the help for the grabber with the pick up wood mission (grumbled, if I had known *that* before!). So I grab stuff on the ground, check inventory, I have wood, great. Wait, I'm supposed to get seeds too? I didn't get seeds! Power the grabber, move east, move north, move west, rince and repeat and grab some seeds. Done.

Ok so I read up a bit, I need to make lumber and I don't have enough wood so I need to go chop some wood. And: I can't get any more woods. I don't know why, I tried at the same spot. I tried a little north of it (move east, move north, move west, that means wire the move east terminal, power on, power off, wire the move north terminal, power on, power off, wire the move west terminal, power on: at this point it getting really tedious). I tried at a completely different spot. It won't chop wood. I'm stuck.

Denis

[1] there should be something to show items that are hidden by the trees. I couldn't see the saw, and I couldn't see the wood or the seeds. And as others said, I could not see my robot at all in some spots.
Denis

Postby worfc » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:02 am

Boy, I wish I'd-a met you when I was doing Usability-Testing earlier this year -- so much great input!

Ok, first: So sorry you're stuck and feeling frustrated. I beg your forgiveness and offer only the weak excuse that this is why we do Beta testing -- to figure out what isn't working as well as we'd like.

Let's see if I can help you through your current situation.

* We've already talked about dropping your saw and it sounds like you've successfully picked it up. This week, I've added the idea of a "simplified" robot interior with fewer things to connect to, and a "Feature Unlocked" thing that introduces new features. One example will be the "drop inventory/tools/gates" pins will not be available when you first start the game, so it won't be possible to drop your saw. After you've been playing for a while, the game will show you those additional pins and you can mess yourself up to your heart's content. :)

I'm sorry you had to suffer for us to learn this lesson, but I hope you can take some solace in knowing that you've made things better for future WoRFC players.

* Items lost in the woods: I've been trying to decide if the foliage in the trees should be more transparent. Another option would be to have items on the ground put a sparkle above the trees, so you could at least know that they're there. I'll stew on that a bit. I agree that it's a problem, I'm just not sure what the best solution is.

* Drop in inventory to see to tool drawer: Good point. I'll add some explanation about that in the intro text. To clarify for now: the robot has one inventory, and things you want to add to your inventory are added to the inventory (center) drawer. The tools drawer (above) and circuitry drawer (below) are simply "filters" to help separate out certain kinds of items for easier access. However, the "put into inventory" input is on the inventory drawer, which is the center one.

(I think you now this now, but I just want to make it clear. Again, I'll add more help about that early in the game.)

* Wiring, unwiring, rewiring: I think that you might have had something of a unique situation, dropping your saw early-on, that led to this "circle of pain" Hopefully, by making it impossible for new players to drop their saws, many of these other problems will go away on their own.

Some common ways to farm wood are: * Go in one direction cutting until you hit a wall, then change dir, * Set up a ping-pong circuit (there is a tutorial on this) to go back and forth, * Use NODEs (1=>4 connectors) to make your ping-pong go diagonally, which cuts a wider swath.

* Robot thruster/bumper arrangement: The reason for the bumper/thruster layout is to leave a space in the center for your circuitry, and allow the wires to go neatly to the various robot controls. As you build more-complex robots to perform more advanced tasks, you'll be doing less re-wiring and neatness will matter.

I've talked to other players about the idea of a bumper/thruster cluster. We might introduce alternate layouts in the future, and allow players to choose from among them, but that won't be until later.

* Items from grabber into inventory: There's an early mission that describes this in some detail. Again, I think all of your woes around this started from the fact that it's possible to drop your saw in the first place. Next build, that will be disabled in the start-game, so I hope it will be easier on future Robo-Farmers.

* Can't cut wood: Um... I have no ideas, there. Obviously, you cut wood before, and others have cut 100s (1000s!) of trees. I'll attach a picture of a simple "ping pong" robot that picks up his harvest, below. Here are the key points of your circuit:

* Is the robot bumping a tree? Look at the bumper output -- is it "hot" (orange)? If not, you're not bumping anything; move toward trees.
* Is the saw the selected tool? Can't saw with no saw! :)
* Is the saw powered? If you were using the 50% pin from the battery as your power source, and you've dropped to 49%, that pin is no longer hot. "Hot" == "powered" == "on", and is indicated by an orange color.

If you want to pick-up your harvest:
* Is the grabber powered? Need that to pick things up.
* Is there a connection from the grabber-output ("robot is holding something") to the inventory-input ("put into inventory")?

Lastly, you can use the "all seeing eye" to view your farm/robot while still "inside" the robot, so you can make "live" fixes. But, again, once you get the hang of things, you'll likely be doing less & less of that.

Again, sorry that you're experiencing frustration, but I have to tell you that you're the *perfect* Beta-subject in that you seem interested in making it work, but are good at exposing the weak points in the game, which helps me make it stronger.

Thanks! :)

Here's a simple "ping-pong back & forth, cutting trees and picking up stuff off the ground"-bot.

worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:35 pm

Don't worry, this is beta testing so it's supposed to be not-perfect, and many frustrations come from unfinished things I guess. But, it's also ok to vent steam on the developer so I get to do that ;)

Also, *I* may be wired wrong and not be representative of your typical user and miss obvious things!

I think the streamlined interior with increased complexity is a good way to go about it. Perhaps a video tutorial showing various stages in the game with increased complexity could also be shown to show what lays ahead.

About the items/robots lost in the woods: I'd go with miniature icons on top of the trees. The robot can see something in the woods (he's looking sideways, so under the branches, but it's not too clear what's there).

I've started the game again and, strangely, I couldn't get back to where I was before. This is something that will have to be fixed obviously. So, starting over from scratch I decided to try your diagram for ping-pong farming. First off, it doesn't make sense to me that this could *ever* work. I mean that I could *never* have imagine wiring it this way. Aside from the fact that I didn't know these things were bumper-detectors (I guess I'd have found out eventually), the way you wire it, there is no power going to the thrusters. It's a logical wiring between bumper and thrust, but no power gets to either the bumper or the thruster. There is power going to the grabber and the saw, but there is nothing going to anything that would make the robot move.

But, I wired it that way and powered it and the robot moved west. Again, why it would do that while no bumper is activated is beyond me. And, why west and not east? But, it went west and got to the trees and started chopping away. It picked up wood too, but no seeds at first. It kept moving west and chopping trees. It event picked up seeds at some point. Are seeds randomly dropped or is it because it sometimes drops to the side and the robot misses grabbing it?

It went all the way west and then stopped. It didn't go east when it reached the end of the trees (what looks like fir?) I don't have time to try more things at the moment. In the same track as exposing things progressively inside the robot, the building tools interface could expose less options when all you have is basically wood and seeds, but it's less of a problem.

More to come!
Denis

Postby worfc » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Glad you're ok with our level of "Beta."

Please believe me when I tell you that I WANT you to vent-steam on the developer -- really! It's the only way I can make the game great so that future players vent less steam on me later. (Or, more importantly, so somebody actually plays the game! :) )

Also: you're wired perfectly for this sort of testing -- it's important to the entire development effort that the game be approachable for people just - like - you.

Video tutorials At some point, I want to do a bunch of animated gifs (videos are too big!), but I'm waiting until I get final art before I put too much effort into those. (About 85% of the in-game artwork is "placeholder.")

Mini-icons of blocked items: Good idea. Not going to make this week's build, though (I'm just wrapping that up this evening; you guys will see it in a day or two.)

Can't get back to where you were: Not sure what you mean. If you mean you can't get the help/missions, look in the Robo/misc menu (lower-right of farm view), under Settings, and Reset Help. If you mean something else, I'm not sure what it is.

Latch/Flip-Flop power: Ooo, tricky! A latch always has power on one side or the other, as represented by the orange-ness of that side. When the input (on the bottom) of one side goes hot, the circuit switches to that side and (here's the important bit) stays hot even if the input goes cold. Hence, when the bumper bumps one side, that side goes hot, supplying power to the thruster that points away.

Bumper art: Yes, agreed. Perhaps my most-hated bit of placeholder art in the game. (Also one of the very first ones I got from Google image search.) For one thing, far too literal -- a "car bumper", really?!?! But I don't know what to do with it, so I'm waiting for The Art Department (<ahem>, are you listening, guys?!) to come up with a replacement.

Inputs vs outputs: The Latch (described above) supplies power, via one of its outputs (top) to the trusters, which are inputs. Inputs can go "hot" by virtue of being powered externally, but they never "supply" or "create" power. Outputs, on the other hand -- bumpers, for example -- do create power. When the robot bumps something, that bumper goes hot. You can do whatever you want with that signal; when you connect that wire to something, you're saying "if this bumper is bumping something, then..." and the "then..." part is whatever you wire it to. In my ping-pong bot, it's "if this bumper is bumping something, then switch the latch to the appropriate side", and the latch outputs are "when this side is on, thrust in the appropraiate direction."

Similarly, the grabber input says "when this is hot, and I bump something, pick it up", whereas the grabber output says "if I'm hot, it means the grabber is holding something" so, wiring the output to something says "if the grabber is holding something, then..." (whatever you wire it to.)

Robot went West: Hopefully, from the above, you see that he went west because the right side of the latch starts-out hot, and that side's output is wired to the "go West" thruster's input.

Again, all of this "hot" is indicated by an orange color in the wires and circutry. Also, if you're not doing so already, you can use the "Eyeball" button inside the robot to allow you to see both the farm and the robot-interior at the same time, so you can watch the wires change, live.

Wood, no seeds: When you chop trees, you get random treasure -- for these trees, it's either wood or seeds or sometimes both. In terms of picking-up stuff, the robot can only pick-up so fast so, if he moves away from some treasure, he may leave some behind. This is an advantage of ping-pong (as opposed to one-direction) -- if the robot missed something initially, he'll go back and get it on the return pass.

Robot didn't turn around: Sounds like you didn't wire the ping-pong like in my diagram. That's ok -- part of the game is learning how to wire-up robots, right?! When wired "correctly", this guy will...

* Move west.
* When he bumps a tree, saw it.
* Pick up anything he can.
* When he bumps anything (incuding the tree he was sawing), change direction to East.
* ...Do the same thing headed East.
* ...Again, if he bumps anything, change direction (if it's a tree, saw it first, then change.)
* Repeat from the top.

Crafting choices Near the top are filters. One button says "All" which shows everything; if you tap it, it changes to "Can make", whicih only shows the things you're currently capable of making -- only those items for which you have all the needed materials, tech and tools. The other filters apply with "All", and are toggles. They filter for which items you have enough Tech or Tools, but ignore whether or not you have the requisite materials.

Selecting a specific item will tell you what materials, tech & tools you are missing. If you select a particular item from that short list, it will select on the crafting side.

Denis wrote:More to come!

You don't scare me! ;)

(Keep 'em coming; the game improves every time you post.) (Then again, the ship-date slips every time, too, but we'd rather ship "good" than "soon"! :) )

worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Can't get back to where I was: I could not return to the game where I left it, in other words, the game was reset. I did not use a nickname before, so I had the !good idea to enter a nickname and it seemed to have resetted the game (I had to start over). Maybe I tapped the demo game instead of the load saved game by mistake. Not a big deal as I wasn't very far, but not something I'd have been happy with later on of course.

Latches: ok I get it now. I had it wired the wrong way. Is there a way to manually flip the hot side, or to determine which is hot at first? There was a point where I wanted to reverse the current direction of the robot but with the same basic wire logic (and without rewiring the whole thing, see wiring comments below).

Eyeball button (to see the farm and robot interior at the same time): Yes I use it all the time. I found myself trying to pinch-out (zoom-out) or trying to move the view to follow my robot doing ping-pong though. I had to stop the robot, leave the robot interior, reposition or zoom the view and return to the robot interior. Particularly for the "intersection" situation I describe below. I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but either a button to have the view always centered on the robot, or a way to move/zook the view from inside would be great.

Crafting: All / Tech / Tools: see I thought that you could select 'tools' or 'Tech' and use the 'All' to switch out of those modes. It turns out that each of those are toggles and that 'All' toggles to 'can make', which is cool, and I may have eventually figured that out! :)

Ping-pong#1: ok so with a better understanding of wiring provided by you, I went back to my farm to test it out. Yesterday I had it wired the wrong way and it just kept going west, so I had this line cut through the woods on the left side of the clearing. Thinking myself smart, and wanting to not have to cross the clearing on each ping-pong pass, I wired it so it would go north/south where it was (which was the middle of the woods on the west side). I was pretty proud of myself at that point. I could see that it left some goodies north while going south, but it picked it up on its way back north. Great!

Intersection: Now I have enough stuff and I get that other mission to hoe my field so I need to get to the clearing. I'm in a north/south lane cut through the woods, and there is a lane going east somewhere in the middle of it. I can't be sure exactly where. I can see a line in the woods, but it's not exactly where my robot was. No worries I say to myself, I'll try somewhere over ... there! Nope, it's not there. It's a lot of work to move a little bit north, test east, repeat. Is there a magic wiring I could have done to help me with that? Also, see my moving comment below.

Ping-pon#2: I didn't try very long to find the open path to the clearing, I decided to re-wire a east-west ping-pong to cut my way out and I'd get to the clearing eventually. That got me far west in the firs and beyond (I'm not sure what the names of the trees are, but I got a picture of where I was).

woods3.jpeg
woods3
woods3.jpeg (99.05 KiB) Viewed 3429 times

As you can see by the position of the saw, I'm in the 3rd type of trees on the west side. You can see two horizontal paths in the first type of trees, and (less obvious but you can see it) a path north south where I did the ping-pong#1. One of the two horizontal paths is my first badly-wired entry into the woods. The second is my ping-pong#2 to cut myself a way out of there. First comment: The paths don't appear in-line with the position of the robot, and it's hard to align with them when you try to get out. It's perspective of course, but it plays against the player in this case (pun intended). Secondly, as you can see, there is no path visible in the second type of trees (firs?) and none in the 3rd type (where the saw is visible on the above picture). If my saw wasn't visible, I'd have no idea of where the robot was, and no idea how to get out of there if I wasn't wired to get out in the first place.

Moving: just moving the robot from one place to another (like from chopping trees in the woods to hoeing the fields) is hard (what, with all the wiring, plus the guessing where the path is). Would it be possible to turn on a 'Move-mode' when you're inside the robot view where, when you tap the trusters, the robot moves in that direction? I mean, you wouldn't have to wire it, just press on the North thruster and the robot moves north, then press east thruster and it tries to go east, if it can't (move east) you press north-thruster again to nudge the robot north a bit and try east again. Then you turn that mode off when you're in the field and you want to hoe the field. That would make moving around easier (and less of a chore). I'd imagine a toggle switch, which maybe lights up circles around the 4 direction-thrusters and some other visual feedback making it clear that all wiring is 'suspended' while in that mode.

Wiring: some comments about wiring. Is there a way to un-wire things that is faster than start to rewire a terminal and stop on an empty spot? I wanted to change my north-south ping-pong set-up to a east-west one and I had to find the soldering tool, bring it to a latch terminal, hover, move away a little, release, times four, just to remove the existing wires. I tried to rewire over an existing wire but that didn't work. If there was a 'cutter' tool or something like that it would be faster, unless I've missed something obvious that helps with that. Next comment is about the layout if the wires. It can get confusing real fast. See picture:

wires.jpeg
wires
wires.jpeg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 3429 times

The left latch wires overlap. The one from the top bumper is actually wired to the bottom/input terminal while the move-south terminal is wired to the top/output terminal. It isn't clear from the way the wires are shown. Do you have an algorithm to choose which path to give to a wire? Or are you planning on having some other mechanism to manage the wires? I can imagine that more complex wirings are to be expected and it can get ugly real fast. Ideal solution in my view as a player would be that instead of dragging the soldering tool around you just tap a terminal, then tap a point in the interface and it adds a point to a bezier-line and a few taps later to tap on another terminal and the wire is set. Change to cutter tool, tap any wire and it (or a segment) disappear. Want to rearrange the wires to clarity, drag a node/point of the bezier-line. I know that at this point it may not be possible to change the interface so much, and that perhaps it wouldn't work too well with close (together) terminals, but I'm aching for something like that each time I wire stuff.

Those are all the comments for now. I hoed some and planted seeds and got trees. I'm curious as to what to expect in terms of resources in the future. If the only seeds I get are from the trees I already have, I'm gonna be limited to trees I guess (where will I get seeds for other things to grow?). But, I'll see that soon or soon! :)
Denis

Next

Return to Gameplay Feedback