Dropping stuff when inventory is full

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

Dropping stuff when inventory is full

Postby Denis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:24 pm

I just saw a weird occurence. I've reached my 200 limit on a seed type and there was one of those seeds in the path of my robot. It tried to pick it up, couldn't put it in inventory, so it let it fall down — in front of him — with the bloop sound, and then picked it up again and it just did that over and would have continued if I had not stopped it. It might be a good idea to review the dropping code, perhaps drop stuff behind the robot (over the shoulder). If I get the grabber logic it grabs in an arc in front of the robot, dropping outside that area would prevent that from happening.

While on the subject, stuff also got dropped outside the farm, as can be seen in this picture.

drop1.jpeg
stuff dropped outside the farm
drop1.jpeg (110.35 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

Again, perhaps the code should prevent that from happening (stuff bounces off the wall, back in the farm).
Denis

Re: Dropping stuff when inventory is full

Postby rkda » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:19 am

This stuff is not really outside the farm. If you save/quit/reload all those seeds will go back to their *real* location. What happens, is when things get bumped, the appearance of the item tends to wander out of place, sometimes quite a bit, as in this image.

However, if you clear your inventory, and drive back over the place these seeds really are, the robot will pick them up. (Note: that can be quite far from where they *appear* to be.)
rkda

Postby Denis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 am

In any case, in the hot fix 1.5g there is mention of "off-farm items are recovered to center."
Denis

Postby worfc » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Yeah, "what he said."

Also, I believe Beta-2's "feelings-fixes" will address the "drops it in front of himself" problem.
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Return to Gameplay Feedback