Tapping chests

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

Tapping chests

Postby Denis » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:56 am

There is a situation where I cannot tap a chest to open it. I'm not sure if it's because there are seeds on top of it or if it's because it's too close to the robot or the wall.

chest.jpeg
tapping chest is impossible in this situation
chest.jpeg (37.39 KiB) Viewed 2210 times

edit: just to add a comment. If it is the seeds that prevents it, it must be addressed because these overflows (when stuff you're trying to put in a chest won't and end up on the ground) happen all the time.
Denis

Re: Tapping chests

Postby rkda » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:25 am

This is a combination of the robot and the seeds. If you have a big enough pile you can completely obscure a chest, and require a robot to come pick things up to clear up the mess. In this particular case, it is likely that if the robot steps SW a step, or NE two steps, the chest will be accessible.
rkda

Re: Tapping chests

Postby worfc » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:03 pm

What he said.

Not in Beta-2 -- for sure in -3, and maybe in a hot fix this week -- I'll address the "crap that has no business sucking-down screen-taps obscures stuff I want to tap" problem. The issue is that seeds (and clay and wood and etc.) all receives screen-taps, preventing them from getting to the chest. I can't think of any valid reason to tap those things so, once I have a chance to test the "fix al the existing items" code, that will be a fix.

Aside: Worfc has the ability to upgrade old farms to new data styles. So for example, if you have a farm with clay that has buttons and, in the new format, clay doesn't have a button, then your farm just gets updated on the next release. Every now & then, you might see an item in the release notes like "Data format 16 => 17" -- that's because something like that happened.
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Return to Gameplay Feedback