Missing squares because of objects

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

Missing squares because of objects

Postby Denis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:50 am

When the robot moves down a line doing something at each step, like hoeing for instance, and there are things on the ground, it sometimes skips hoeing a square. I used to think that was because it was trying to pick those things up and lost computer cycles to that and I didn't think too much of it.

Now I find myself with much stuff on the ground[1] and so I have big stretch of time where I don't power up the grabber. I was surprised that the same thing (skipping squares) happens even when the grabber isn't powered. That's unexpected behaviour, since there is no reason the robot would loose cycles if it's not trying to grab stuff and hoe at the same time, there is no reason why it should fail to hoe a square.

When you have it try to do more than one thing at a time (hoe and grab), it's acceptable that you incur the risk of missing one or the other, but when it's focusing on one thing, I wouldn't expect it not to perform. Well, I can understand not grabbing everything while it's moving, but failing to stop to hoe a square I did not expect.

-------------------------------
[1]: the ground is my secondary inventory
Denis

Re: Missing squares because of objects

Postby worfc » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Robot bumper, grabber & tool "feel" logic has been fixed in Beta-2, which was submitted to Apple for review earlier today. you guys should get it in a day or two.

If you want a preview, the release notes have already been posted. :)

Ground as 2nd inventory: that works. :) At some point, you may or may not want to organize things into chests.

"Soon!", you'll be able to craft using materials stored in chests that are in inventory.
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Return to Gameplay Feedback