Left bumper and inventory

Tell us your ideas for how to make the game better.

Left bumper and inventory

Postby Denis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:33 pm

The left bumper should be moved 1 "em" up so it ends up between the inventory and tools drawers when they are opened. At the position if is in 2.0, when the inventory is open, the bumper art shows through the inventory and the bright white is distracting.

I like the new art for the bumper much more than the previous art, but I can't say I'm a big fan of the shorter inventory drawer length[1].

---------------------
[1] And I do hope it is not foretelling a futur limit of 6 or 12 items in the inventory! ;)
Denis

Re: Left bumper and inventory

Postby worfc » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes, re-arranging the Robot-interior is on the list. At some point, I'll hire an actual UX person to make it wonderful; in the mean time, you're stuck with just-me reacting to all-y'all's input. ;)

This week, I'm going to experiment with squishing the robot/solder area right a little. And maybe I'll raise the inventory drawer as you suggest. "Or something..."

NOTE: as things get squished/shifted, you might have to drag some of your gates/chips around to maintain neatness. I thought about writing code to proportionately shift things, but decided it was a far better use of my time for you to do it. <G>

I don't currently have any plans to reduce inventory limits*.

I'm told by people in the know that the smaller drawer grows on you, especially when you see the circuit space opened-up and start to automate inventory-usage, anyway. People who first see v1.0 (or later-beta) won't ever know there was once a longer drawer! ;)

---
* Well, at some point, tools & gates drawers will have limits. Maybe. We'll see.
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:07 pm

That reminds me, did you reduce the area that catches the soldering iron around terminals? It feels like you have to be more precise.
Denis

Postby worfc » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Denis wrote:That reminds me, did you reduce the area that catches the soldering iron around terminals? It feels like you have to be more precise.

Nope. In fact, a few weeks back, I realized I could make it bigger, if I made it look for "nearest"

Maybe you're just getting old. ;)
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Postby Denis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:39 pm

worfc wrote:Maybe you're just getting old. ;)

I must be!
Denis

Return to Gameplay Feedback