DRAFT This page/section is under construction and is likely missing large pieces of information, contains confusing/ambiguous descriptions, etc. We believe it is correct as far as it goes, but even that isn't assured. We're working to clean it up.
- Early on, the missions system act as a tutorial to introduce the basic game mechanic and how things work.
- Most missions pay out a reward for completion.
- You don't get credit for doing the things that the mission suggests until after you look at the mission at least once. This was done to prevent a different problem (which escapes my memory at the moment) where you completed missions you never knew you had.
- There is a bug/enhancement request which will be fixed in an upcoming release wherein, if you've already done what the mission asks, the mission asks you to do it again. (Example: Craft A Furnace -- if you've already crafted a furnace, this mission wants you to make another one.)
- After the initial game-mechanic/basics/tutorial missions, the main branch continues in a sort of "campaign mode", to guide you through the "normal" game progression.
- There's no requirement to follow the missions, or to do things in the order suggested. The missions exist solely to aid the player in progressing in a way that is in keeping with the game design.
- Often, completing a mission will result in the assignment of multiple "next" missions. There is no preferred order. One of the missions will continue the line, while the others typically dead-end after a mission or two. For example: Got Wood? is offered along side a couple of other missions, so you can continue progressing during the time it takes to collect the wood.
- In addition to the main missions path, [Missions:Russ | Russ's Missions] explain the inner workings of the Russ robot and basic circuitry used in the game. These missions are slightly more advanced and, as such, are on a separate path.
The Missions button should not sparkle unless you have at least 1 mission in the *NEW* section, which indicates that you've not read it, yet. Once you read a mission, it moves into the "In progress" section.
|Welcome||Dismiss a mission||Coins||Introduces the missions mechanism|
|Rusty Power||Power-up robot||Demonstrate robot power|
|Rusty Saw||Select saw tool||Demonstrate Inventory UI and tool selection|
|New Robot||Dismiss mission view||Introduces our "main" robot. Describes continuing missions paths.|
|Hot vs Cold||Read mission description||Introduces "hot" and "cold" wires & circuitry|
|Nodes & Power||Place and wire a Node||Introduces Nodes. Introduces soldering. Demonstrates power-management.|
|(Etc., there are more)||...||...||...|